Established in 1974,
of Great Britain was formed to:
- Promote and preserve the working terrier known as the Jack
- To write and apply a breed standard
- To oppose influence by any organization or persons whose actions
may result in practices considered to be detrimental to the Jack
Russell Terrier and its future
- To protect the Jack Russell Terrier
as a true working terrier and to preserve the rights of the working
terrier enthusiast to work the terrier in the traditional manner.
- To support lawful and humane terrier work and to educate newcomers
to the world of the working Jack Russell.
The AGM will be held in November
each year and any changes to the rules or constitution will be implemented
in the January of the following year.
It is the aim of the JRTCGB to unite
those people with a love and admiration of the Jack
Russell Terrier, howsoever they may enjoy its unique and
wonderful character, and to encourage and educate its members, both
current and new, as to the importance of retaining the working aspects
and attributes in order to continue the protection and preservation
of this remarkable breed.